This is one of those things I was dreading giving up…and then I found this recipe :) It didn’t rise as high as I am used to, but it tastes just as good if not better than bread made with regular flour.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 75 minutes
Makes: 16 slices
What you need:
- 1 cup (250 mL) ripe bananas (2-3 medium)
- ½ cup (125 mL) unflavoured yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) GF baking soda
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Robin Hood® Nutri Flour BlendTM Gluten Free
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) xanthum gum
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Combine together your bananas, yogurt and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside until further notice.
- Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and xanthum gum. Add set aside banana mixture to flour mixture. Stir together until flour is incorporated into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. It will be very thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire cooling rack.
- If top of cake starts to get too dark loosely place a piece of foil over the cake as it continues to bake.
Enjoy being healthy!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!