Spring has sprung and the Rhubarb is nearly ready, one of my favorite ways to eat it is in pie…Pie is good…here is a fool proof recipe for a delicious treat…
Fresh Rhubarb Pie:
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie ( I use the recipe in the Tenderflake shortening box, the best recipe for pastry ever!!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust.
- Place pie on lowest rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold and add whipped cream or vanilla ice cream…