This week I was lucky enough to harvest the apples from my Bramley’s Apple Tree (last year the bear beat me to it)… the blackberries are finally ready to pick too, so it was a double bonus.
I felt the need to make pie.
So I made Blackberry Apple Pie, with a few blueberries thrown in for good luck!!
I have used this same pie recipe forever, it is from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, it is actually the Blackberry pie recipe, Donnaized. You should probably be a little afraid…
So lets get started shall we?
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups chopped apple slices
- Pastry for double crust pie
- Apples, blackberries & pears……. (madewithloveuk.wordpress.com)
- Blackberry Pie (muchadoaboutpie.wordpress.com)