I have been looking for a great muffin recipe everywhere, this one has all the deliciousness I have been searching for!!
Try it out…I got this recipe at a website called TriniGourmet.com it might just be one of my new favorite cooking sites :)
Carmen’s Carrot Muffins:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 or 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs and add vegetable oil, nutmeg, vanilla essence, raisins and carrots.
4. Combine flour mixture with egg mixture, stirring until just combined. If mixture is too dry add up to 1/2 cup of water to make it moist and somewhat gloppy :)
5. Pour into muffin tins
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.