I have made this recipe for years at Christmas. It is so unbelievably easy. The ingredients will make you go hmmm…but trust me, it tastes EXACTLY like it!!!
Here’s the scoop:
- Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil and grease with a little veggie oil.
- Line the pan with soda crackers, seriously. Lay them flat and just fill the whole pan up with them.
- Melt one cup of butter in a saucepan, add 1 cup of brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for three minutes.
- Gently pour over crackers.
- Put in oven for 3 to 5 minutes at 350° (3 minutes for chewy, 5 minutes for crunchy) I like it crunchy. Mixture will be bubbly. Straighten out crackers with a fork.
- Sprinkle with one small bag of chocolate chips, spread with a knife to completely cover. Once spread sprinkle with almonds (sliced or chopped.)
- Refrigerate and cut into squares when set.
That is all there is to it. Super easy!!
**Warning… You will NOT be able to stop eating this. It is amazing!!
Happy candy making!!