I found this test while perusing the internet…from a very cool site called Marc and Angel hack life
Try it, the answers are harder than you think they are going to be.
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Well the honest answer here, is that some days I still feel like I am 18 (usually when I do something stupid without thinking) Other days I feel like I am 50 (like the day after we got wood)
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying is definitely worse, failing is part of learning lessons and living life.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Wow, good question! I would say that many times we do what we think we are supposed to do, or what makes other people happy and not what we really want to do ourselves. How silly is that?
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I hope that isn’t the case, though some days it feels that way for sure, but I try to do what I say I am going to do, though I don’t always pull it off :)
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
The one thing that I would change would be the fact that politicians run everything, we are like puppets on a string and the reality of it is that we really have no clue to what extent that really happens, it is why people are too rich, too hungry and too poor.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
It changes with me continually…so I guess I would have to say the freedom to change my career whenever I get bored, which is pretty much what I do now anyway!! I would love to make money blogging though.
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I am probably settling with what I am doing with steps towards doing what I believe in!
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Well I would be dead…and that would suck.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I have always controlled what course I am on, even though sometimes it felt like I was totally out of control.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I try not to worry, and just go with my gut and my heart, you can’t go wrong!
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I would totally stand up for my friend and make sure they knew that she or he was indeed my friend. I hate gossip, people just look for reasons to make other people look bad so they can feel better, not ok.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Live your life to make yourself happy, don’t worry about anyone else, it’s not your stuff.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Absolutely if the situation warranted it…family is everything.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I am gonna say no to this one, we are talking about my ex boyfriends right? Oh no wait, that would be the other way around then…no offense boys :)
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I do most things differently than anyone else, part of my quirky charm :)
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Well probably because I like weird and crazy things, everyone has different happy buttons :)
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
I want to travel the world, I would say that nothing is holding me back, the time is just not right yet…I have kids to raise and teach to be amazing little humans.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
I want to say no, but the answer is probably yes. I have been working very hard on letting go of my useless and hurtful emotional stuff, it is hard to do, but I am getting there.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I would love to move to Whitehorse where my brother lives, it is beautiful there and the lifestyle is so much simpler and down to earth.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?Nope, once is good…I am pretty aware of the fact it doesn’t make it go faster :)
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Absolutely the joyful simpleton, duh!!
22. Why are you, you?
Well mostly because I have no desire to be anyone else. Being me is pretty awesome :)
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I try really hard to be, I might not always pull it off, but if I screw up, I own it.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?I have to say when a good friend moves away, usually if I lose touch with a friend that lives near me, it is by choice.
25. What are you most grateful for?
The amazing family I have and the friends that pick me to be in their lives.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I would rather lose all of my old ones, even though that would be really crappy.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Of course it is…
28.Has your greatest fear ever come true?
My greatest fear is to die alone and lonely, so no…I hope I still have time left to make sure that doesn’t happen.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
I do actually remember that, and yes, it does matter now, because it changed my life. It made me stronger, smarter and a better person today.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Having so many great friends and family and living in a safe neighborhood where we were all one big family. I was a pretty happy kid other than the usual teenaged girl drama.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
When I made the decision to be single. To live my truth. To be happy in my own skin.
32. If not now, then when?
Now is good, bring it!
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
I know I have nothing to lose, I am working on it!
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Not for a very, very long time :(
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
I am not religious at all. I believe that organized religion is brainwashing people, it makes you a follower. I am not ok with that.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Absolutely, you know in your gut immediately when something is wrong or evil.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
My initial reaction to that was yes, but when I think about it, maybe not…I love my job and it is only part time. Hard call til I have the cash in my hot little hands :) I might have to take a year off though.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I would rather have lots of work that I love to do!
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Hopefully not, that would mean something is very wrong, or I am in a movie.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I can’t think of anything, which means maybe it is time for me to do it NOW!
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Holy crap…that is a brutal question. I would be with my family obviously.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Nope. Not a chance in hell, I want everyday I can live!
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
The time is now!!!!!! Just do it!
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
I think a lot of it, is that we are afraid of what others will think. I make a lot of mistakes, but mostly because I live for me not other people now…
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Hahahhaha…funny following last answer. I wouldn’t do a thing differently. People are going to judge you no matter what you do.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Have to say just now…
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I try to live my life with love, what’s the point otherwise?
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Probably not…I need to start making things happen!
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I am making them for myself…living my own life and bringing on my own fate. Life is good!
- 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind (jabelah.wordpress.com)