Ok…as you all know, I am a Pinterestaholic. I freaking love this site and spend more waking time than I will ever admit to looking at all the amazing stuff people find to pin.
So in my mission to find all the coolest stuff out there, I have compiled my own list of helpful stuff.
Stuff you can’t live without. Stuff you must try. Stuff that will change your life just a little.
1. Coconut oil. If you haven’t tried this, you need to. It is a wee bit of a miracle, and you can use it in so many different ways. Melted with a little Shea butter, essential oil of your choice and you have an amazing moisturizer for dry feet, fresh tattoos, or cracked dry hands.
Take a little and rub it through your dry hair. Concentrate on the ends the most…leave in for 1/2 an hour or over night (you will probably want to protect your pillow though) and shampoo and condition as usual. Super soft, super healthy feeling hair.
It is also a great hair balm. Take a tiny bit, I mean like what you would use for under your eyes, rub in hands and use to tame the ends of your hair after styling!! This works great, I have really thick fly away hair, and with my new hairdo I have found this is a great help after straightening to keep the ends in check!
Melt together with a little beeswax and your favorite flavor (available at Micheal’s or most craft stores) put in a small lip balm container. Viola…instant soft lips.
Other great ideas?
2. Tea tree oil. If you have a pimple, put a drop of the tea tree oil right on the spot. It will help dry it out and heal it faster, and when do the pimples end anyway?? I was always told you would grow out of it…did freaking NOT. I have them worse now than I did as a teenager dammit.
3. Super easy toe saver. When painting your nails…take a Kleenex, fold it in a triangle and then roll up. Take roll and put it between your toes for no smudge perfect nails every time!
4. Dry flyaway hair? I wash and condition in the shower as usual…just before I am finished my shower, I take a dime sized amount of conditioner and rub it through my wrung out hair. Concentrating mostly on the ends. Super soft, super frizz free hair. Then of course follow with your Coconut oil on the ends!!
5. Liquid eyeliner. I know its scary. But really, when you get the hang of it, it is the one thing you will do every single day. For big beautiful eyes, nothing works better. My favorite is Maybelline Liquid liner, the tip is firm and very easy to use.
The biggest thing is to start your line thin and gradually work up to a thickness you love!
Another great trick is to put the liner right on your lash line by dotting it on to your lids between the lashes, this is called Tightlining, a great look if you want it to be less obvious that you are wearing a liner, this is all you have to do…
~Using clean fingers, gently lift your lashes upward (this step is only necessary if you find it easier to tightline). You’ll see tiny gaps between your lash hairs, which you’ll be filling in with eye liner.
~Using either a liquid or pencil eye liner, lightly dab the eye liner in between each individual lash (as close to the root as possible), to fill in your lash line and make it look fuller. Start at the the inner and work to the outer corner of your eye.
That’s it!!! Beautiful, and super easy. I knew you could do it…
6. Beautiful lips. I am a Carmex addict. I love having soft lips. Now I have found a new product that I love to use. This stuff smells great and feels awesome! It was $7.99 at London Drugs. It is L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm…Fabulous!!!
7. Cucumbers…I know right? But it is summer and if your garden is anything like mine I have an abundance of fresh cucumbers. I have learned much about this amazing little veggie in the last few months. It is a natural cure for pink eye. Seriously, it works.
Cucumbers have a natural anti-inflammatory effect that reduces puffiness, the coolness (when used out of the fridge) decreases the flow of blood to the space around your eyes, as well as being hydrating, which alleviates the swelling… So basically, what is NOT to love about relaxing for 10 minutes with some yummy smelling and cooling cucs on your baby blues? Your eyes will be brighter and beautiful, pink eye or not!!
8. Vaseline…yup. Whoever invented this stuff was a genius. It’s cheap, available pretty much everywhere and has a million uses..here are a couple of them:
~It makes your eyelashes grow!! Lather Vaseline all over your eyelashes overnight and watch them thicken, even without a prescription! I mean be careful here, and don’t get it IN your eyes, on your lashes is all you need, and the skin around your eyes will be soft too!!
~ Mix it with a little Sea Salt or Sugar and take into the shower for a really awesome scrub, your rough feet and elbow will love it…for that matter don’t be afraid to slather some on those problem areas when you get out of the shower as well!!
The site I originally found this link on is called My Thirty Spot…check it out!
9. White Teeth!! Dip Q-tip in Hydrogen Peroxide (the key ingredient in whitestrips) and apply to surface of teeth for 30 seconds before brushing teeth, do this once a day for a few days until you notice a difference. I have pretty sensitive teeth so the Whitestrips are not an option for me, but this really works!!
10. And last, but definitely not least…DIY Shaving Cream…this is so easy, and your skin feels delicious when you are done. All you need is the following:
- 1/2 cup Shampoo
- 1/2 cup Conditioner
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Baby Oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Lotion (any kind will work)
Mix above ingredients together and let sit for one hour, pour into a pump bottle. I used a Lavender shampoo and conditioner for a great fragrance as well. You could also add your favorite essential oil!
Well that’s it!! Hopefully you can take away at least one thing that will make you feel beautiful and sexy!!
Have a gorgeous day loves…