This recipe is a family favorite that I have made for years.
You can change it up with whatever you have in the fridge.
I have usually use steak or chicken, depending what’s handy.
It is a great dinner if you are in a rush, or hell just on a normal night when everyone is starving and you just need food fast!!!
- 1 package of flour tortillas (pkg of 8)
- 1~ 6 oz steak
- 1 fresh pepper (your favorite, I used sweet purple)
- 6 sliced mushrooms
- 6 fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup of squash (zucchini or patti pan, sliced thinly and quite small)
- 3 shallots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups grated cheese (my favorites are cheddar and havarti)
Cook until brown on bottom, flip quesadilla carefully and brown other side. Once it is browned and the cheese is melted, you are ready to eat!!
Serve with sour cream and salsa…
This recipe makes 4 Quesadillas (each has four pieces when cut) and will feed four people.