I love mushroom caps. They are really easy to make and this recipe will make enough for about 24 large caps full of deliciousness.
What you need:
- 24 large Mushrooms with the stems removed
- 1 package softened Philly Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup fresh shrimp or crab meat chopped very finely (you can used canned but the flavor isn’t as good)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup grated Havarti or Parmesan cheese (you can substitute this with any cheese you like)
- 1 tsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
What you do:
Preheat your oven to 400 °.
Fill a frying pan large enough to hold the mushrooms with approximately an inch of water. Place the mushrooms top side down into the water and boil them for 2 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. (This makes the mushrooms juicy and soft after baking them, otherwise they will be rubbery.)
Once the mushrooms have been steamed, take them out of the water and arrange them in an oven safe baking dish.
In a large bowl mix all of the filling ingredients together until mixed thoroughly.
Fill the mushroom caps with the prepared filling, and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Enjoy as an appy or eat them all and just don’t have dinner…these are so good you can’t just eat a couple of them!!
Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean you should be eating stuff that doesn’t taste amazing!!
Happy New Year!!